You were born to stand out – to be different. In fact, God’s Word tells us to make a difference. In the literary world, we hear that a story or words jumped off the page. What does that mean? The words were highlighted in such a way as to immediately grab our attention and pull us into the story.
For something to jump off the page, it has to be distinct, richly creative and unique.
Here are a just a few ways God wants us to jump off the page for Him.
- Put God first and love Him with obedience by faith.
- Love others as ourselves.
- Cover a multitude of sins and faults with love. In other words, forgive.
- Put or make a difference between holy and unholy; clean and unclean with our lifestyle.
- Be a light to others.
- Consider others better than ourselves.
- Bear good fruits of righteousness.
Doing the above seven things will definitely set you apart from the world. You’ll literally jump off the page with your holy lifestyle. It’s sure to be a conversation starter. Where there’s a conversation, there’s opportunity to convince stray hearts to be reconciled to Christ.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
What are you waiting for, peculiar people? Jump off the page!