You’ve heard it before. Worry doesn’t solve problems; it only creates more. Anxiety compromises health and wellness. It is known to negatively affect blood pressure and glucose levels, as well as increase the heart rate. Prolonged anxiety affects concentration, digestion, and can lead to depression. If you are sick, anxiety can delay healing and recovery.
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
To “be careful for nothing” means to not worry. God doesn’t want us to be full of worry and anxiety. They gnaw away at our faith.
10 Tips to Deal with Anxiety
1. Recognize your limits. — Some things are outside of your control. Let go of what you can’t control. You’ll feel better when you do.
2. Accept each day as it comes. — You can’t know how every story or situation ends.
3. Find healthy ways to deal with people and circumstances that make you anxious. — Exercise, journal, craft, sharpen your skills, Polyvore etc.
4. Be patient with yourself and others. — High levels of anxiety correlates with impatience. It’s okay to slow down.
5. Forgive yourself and others. — It’s easier said than done, but when you forgive, there are no more reasons to fret about what has come and gone.
6. Eat healthy foods. — It’s a catch twenty-two. When we’re anxious, we tend to eat unhealthy foods, which can produce negative effects. This may make us even more anxious. Yikes!! TRY to eat healthy foods to keep yourself off the anxiety wheel. Don’t forget to drink water!
7. Talk it out. — Many times all we need is a good listener in our corner. We are usually able to talk ourselves to a solution or encourage ourselves in a conversation.
8. Love a pet (or person). — Petting and snuggling with a furry friend can help alleviate anxiety. For the allergy sufferers and those without pets, cute animal pics are in abundance online. Spend time with a person who brings a sense of calm in your life.
9. Laugh. — A meme anyone? Cute and funny baby or animal pics? A funny show? Get to laughing! It’s great for the heart and reduces anxiety.
10. Last, but not least: Pray, meditate, and read God’s Word (and inspiring stories). — Simply put, it’s good for the soul.